Get Your Closet Ready for Spring with these 5 Fashion Tips!
The bad news: Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this Groundhog’s Day, which means six more weeks of winter. The good news: That is six extra weeks to get your spring wardrobe ready! And with these 5 budget-friendly tips to infuse sizzling style into your warm weather wardrobe, time is guaranteed to fly until you can retire your winter coat for good.
- Neon handbag: While spring is always all about use of color, this year goes to a whole new level with neon-inspired looks. And since investing in an entire neon outfit could be intimidating, we recommend exploring neon hues through your handbags. Stay on budget by getting your arm candy at stores like Target, where you can find trendy looks for under $30.
- Nautical: All aboard for this marine-inspired style! Whether you go navy and white stripes, or beige with gold accents, the nautical look will be everywhere this spring. After all, what goes better with warm weather than fresh air and the open sea? But don’t worry, even landlubbers will look smart and chic wearing this look. Hit up inexpensive stores like Old Navy or Gap to keep in style and under budget.
- Espadrilles: Nothing says spring like a pair of espadrilles. Whether you choose to pick up a pair of these wedges in a solid neutral or fun floral pattern, they are guaranteed to add a flirty touch to any outfit. These popular shoes come in many price points, so we suggest hitting shoe stores like Payless or DSW to find ones at a reasonable price. It’s a purchase that will come in handy all season long!
- Skinny belt: This is an easy way to add style and interest to any outfit. Look for one in a bright color or pattern, and even explore materials like patent leather. Wear it around your natural waist with a dress, or around your hips with a tank and jeans. Either way, you’ll earn big fashionista points! You can find this adorable accessory for affordable prices at stores like Target or JCPenney.
- Patterned or pastel jeans: Last but not least, you should add a fun pair of jeans to your spring wardrobe. The key to this look is to finding a skinny or straight leg cut that falls at the ankle. Pair them with a plain white top, and you’ll have the ultimate fresh look for spring. This popular look is just about everywhere these days, but you can find a pair for under $50 at Macy’s or American Eagle.